Avascular Necrosis (AVN) Treatment without Surgery by Shockwave Therapy in Noida
The blood circulatory system in our body transports the essential oxygen and nutrients to all body cells. There are times when blood vessels running through a particular part of the body might be blocked for various reasons, leading to an obstruction to the blood supply. Avascular necrosis is also known as osteonecrosis. It occurs due to the inability of blood to flow to the bone tissue.
Avascular necrosis/osteonecrosis treatment with Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) enables the healing of the condition without needing surgery. Presently, it is extensively used to treat many orthopedic injuries. The non-surgical treatment can require little or zero downtime during rehabilitation and recovery. The patient can usually return to their regular routine within a few months after receiving this Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT).
Overview of Avascular Necrosis (AVN or Osteonecrosis) of Hip
Avascular necrosis refers to the death of bone tissue because of the absence of blood flow. It is also known as osteonecrosis. It may cause tiny fractures in the bone and can cause the bone to fall. The process typically takes several months or even years.
A broken joint that is dislocated can block the flow of blood through an area of bone. Avascular necrosis can also be associated with prolonged high-dose steroids and excessive alcohol use.
Anybody is susceptible to being affected. However, the condition is more frequent in people between 30 and 50.
Signs and symptoms of Avascular Necrosis (AVN or Osteonecrosis)
Confident people do not exhibit signs in the initial stages of Avascular necrosis. As the condition worsens, the joints affected may feel pain only when you put weight on them. In the end, you may experience pain while lying on your back.
It can be mild or very severe. It typically develops slowly. The pain associated with avascular necrosis of the hip may be located around the groin or buttock. The hip, hand, knee, shoulder, and foot are also susceptible to being affected.
Avascular necrosis can develop across both sides, for example, on both hips or Shoulders.
The Reasons for Avascular Necrosis (AVN or Osteonecrosis)
Avascular necrosis happens when blood flow to a bone is disrupted or reduced. The reduced blood supply could be the result of:
- Bone or joint trauma- An injury, like a joint that is dislocated, may cause damage to blood vessels. Radiation therapy for cancer could weaken bone and damage blood vessels.
- Fat deposits are found inside blood vessels- The fat (lipids) could block blood vessels. It could hinder blood flow to the bone.
- Specific ailments- Medical conditions like sickle cell anemia and Gaucher’s disease can reduce blood flow to the bone.
The reason for Avascular necrosis that isn’t caused by trauma isn’t wholly identified. Genetics, in conjunction with the use of alcohol, specific medications, and other conditions, could contribute to the cause.
Risk factors of AVN or Osteonecrosis of Hip
Risk factors for developing avascular necrosis include:
- Trauma- Injuries, such as hip dislocations or fractures, could cause damage to blood vessels and decrease blood flow to bones.
- Steroids are used for- Use of high-dose corticosteroids such as prednisone, which is the most common cause of necrosis of the vascular system. The reason is unknown; however certain specialists believe corticosteroids boost the levels of lipids in the blood and reduce blood flow.
- Drinking excessive alcohol- Having several alcoholic drinks every day for several years may cause fat deposits to build up within blood vessels.
- Bisphosphonate is a common ingredient- Long-term use of drugs to boost bone density may result in the development of osteonecrosis of the jaw. This uncommon complication has been observed in patients taking high doses of these cancer treatments like multiple myeloma or metastatic breast cancer.
- Some medical procedures- Radiation therapy for cancer may cause the bone to weaken. Organ transplants, specifically kidney transplants, are also linked to necrosis of the vascular system.
Non-Surgical Treatment for Avascular Necrosis of Hip Treatment in Noida
The cartilage may wear away and get damaged as you age and get used to it. Tendons and muscles in the hip may become over-used. The hipbone itself could be broken when you fall or suffer injuries. These situations can cause discomfort or even harm to the hip region. Shockwave therapy can help speed up your healing, reduce inflammation, relieve tenderness and pain, and help prevent the need for hip replacement surgery. For 79% of those suffering from necrosis Shockwave Therapy also improves osteonecrosis in the femoral head.
If you are living in Noida, Greater Noida, Greater Noida West, Ghaziabad, or any part of Delhi NCR and you are suffering from the Avascular Necrosis (AVN or Osteonecrosis) of Hip you can visit Dr. Aggarwal Physio Centre. We have Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) which is an advanced technique of Physiotherapy. In the past few years, we have observed remarkable improvements in several patients, and almost all live their lives pain-free. Your pain-free life is the vision of Dr. Aggarwal Physio Centre.
Do not think so much book your appointment and live pain-free life…