What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Physiotherapy Treatment in Noida:
Carpus is a Greek word derived from Karpos, which means “wrist.” The fibrous tissue surrounding the wrist acts as a support and cushion for the joint. The carpal tunnel is the narrow space between the fibrous band and wrist bone. The median nerve runs through the carpal tunnel to receive sensations from the thumb and index fingers,
Any condition that causes swelling or changes in the position of the tissue within the carpal tunnel can irritate and squeeze the median nerve. This median nerve irritation can cause tingling and numbness in the thumb, index, middle, and forefinger – a condition called “Anxiety Syndrome.” “Carpal tunnel syndrome.”
Dr. Amit Aggarwal (Dr. Aggarwal Physio Centre) is aware that people think it is untreatable and accept this pain as a part of life. They even do not recognize it as a problem. Here is good news for you, if you are suffering from CTS, then do not worry. A permanent cure is available. All you need is to book an appointment and visit him.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tingling and numbness in the hands due to the median nerve distribution (the thumb index, middle, and fourth fingers).
- The sensation of burning
- Cramping and weakness in the hand
- A decreased grip strength can cause frequent drops of objects.
- Chronic carpal tunnel syndrome may also cause wasting (atrophy) of the hand muscles near the thumb.
What are the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome?
- The symptoms may appear intermittently and occur only at night in the beginning. These symptoms may worsen with time and the development of weakness in hand muscles. These are the most common symptoms.
- Tingling, burning, tingling sensations, pain in the thumb, middle, index, and ring fingers.
- Many affected people have trouble sleeping and feel the need to shake their hands to get relief.
- Sustained hand or arm positions, especially those that involve arm elevation and wrist flexion while using a smartphone, can provoke symptoms. Repetitive actions of the wrist or hand may make provocation more obvious.
- Clumsiness and weakness, with difficulty with simple tasks such as buttoning clothes or opening jars.
- Deficiency can cause loss of grip and or problem holding objects in your hands.
- Forearm, upper arm, and forearm may feel burning sensations/pain.
- Advanced modalities can improve pain relief
- It reduces inflammation.
- Stimulation of the intrinsic muscles of the hand
- The median nerve is still alive.
- Manual therapy can be used to correct alignment
- Taping technique
- Laser therapy to instantly relieve pain
What is the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome?
Your physiotherapist will ask you for a detailed history and examine your neck, hand, arms, shoulders, and neck. The physiotherapist will examine your sensations and movements in hand. To check if your symptoms are increasing or worsening, the doctor might ask you to hold your wrist and bend it in a flexed position. This position temporarily narrows the nerve’s space.
It is possible that the physiotherapist may ask you for electrodiagnostic (nerve conduction and electromyography) or ultrasound investigations. An electrodiagnostic study can be used to determine the severity of the condition and provide a prognosis. If bone or joint disease/ structural anomalies are suspected, a plain X-ray might be helpful. Magnetic Resonance Imaging can be used to detect rare CTS pathological conditions such as bony deformity or ganglion. These may have an impact on the surgical plan.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Physiotherapy Treatment in Noida
Dr. Aggarwal Physio Centre offers Carpal Tunnel Syndrome physiotherapy treatment in Noida for a decade. Please have a look on our treatment process:
- Endogenous heat via paraffin or ultra-high frequency therapy (UHFT) is determined by the stage of the disease, severity of symptoms, and the selectivity of treated tissues according to water percentage.
- Laser therapy can be used to treat symptomatic conditions such as pain and paresthesia. FDA approved laser therapy for the treatment of CTS as one of its first methods. It is possible to use both high- and low-intensity laser beams with the appropriate dose regimen.
- Ultrasound therapy is anti-inflammatory, fibrinolytic, and anti-irritant. For more profound effects, the ultrasound is used to project the carpal canal. The high-frequency transducer can be used for a surface effect.
- Magnetotherapy can counteract oxidative actions, stimulate oxidative processes, and promote tissue trophic. There are ten steps in the therapeutic course. Patients with pacemakers should not receive magnetotherapy. It is also contraindicated for patients with CTS.
- SWT is used in the area around ligament carpi trasversalis. The therapeutic course includes 4-6 procedures and 1-2 procedures per semaine. It is especially effective for young patients with CTS who are experiencing occupational overload.
If you are dealing with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), contact us or book an appointment for a permanent cure.